Call us directly for bookings of more than 6 people from the same household
Why Our Pub is Great
The Excavator Ambergate is the perfect spot for a leisurely lunch or relaxing evening meal. We’re a family friendly pub with plenty of space to accommodate everyone. Join us for a friendly drink after work or even a business meeting, a birthday celebration, a special occasion or if you just don’t fancy being the one cooking tonight. We have something to offer everyone at the Excavator, with our friendly atmosphere we’re sure you’ll feel right at home on your visit.
Pulling only the best pints, we’ve got a great range of cask ales plus a delightful selection of wine, spirits and soft drinks, so you won’t be disappointed. At the forefront of our menu is quality traditional pub food. Expect no nonsense great pub food on every visit. If the weather is warmer, then you’re more than welcome to make the most of it by dining in our outdoor area.
Bring the family down to The Excavator for your Sunday dinner, we offer a traditional carvery with a selection of three meats and homemade Yorkshire puddings. We cook fresh seasonal vegetables for every carvery with cauliflower cheese, mashed potatoes and homemade roast potatoes then help yourself to lashings of gravy. Book your table in advance by phoning us or popping in to see us.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Excavator Ambergate soon.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our Food
We’re the home of good conversation and great food. Serving quality food made with quality ingredients for all of our guests to enjoy. Our food offers all of your favourite pub classics and some alternatives too. We refresh our menus twice a year to ensure that seasonal dishes are always available on our menus. Don’t forget to check out our specials too, offering even more variation to choose from.
You don’t have to worry about where your food comes from, we make sure everything that goes into our dishes is ethically produced and sourced. This is critical to us as well as ensuring all of our ingredients are socially and environmentally sustainable.
Our Pub Facilities
We Would Love To Get Your Feedback
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.